Minute Maid Park Rules
Items that are not permitted in the ballpark and are surrendered to security will not be stored or returned. There are no lockers provided outside of the ballpark to secure prohibited items.
Additionally, fans are reminded that the Houston Astros reserve the right to refuse admittance of any item deemed hazardous, suspicious or offensive.
- Aerosol cans
- Animals (except for service animals)
- Bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- Backpacks are prohibited (exceptions for diaper bags, Astros Buddies, single-compartment drawstring bags, and other bags used for medical reasons. These bags are subject to approval if they are within the MLB bag-size requirements not to exceed 16″ x 16″ x 8″).
- Banners or signs larger than 3′ x 2′ (Banners must be baseball-related and support teams and players, so long as they are in good taste. The Astros DO NOT permit signs, posters or banners which are obscene, slanderous or in bad taste. No items are permitted to be affixed to signs and no signs may be affixed to the ballpark)
- Beverages & containers other than factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter or less
- Cameras with lenses larger than 8 inches
- Clothing deemed obscene or indecent
- Coolers – hard sided and Styrofoam coolers, hard plastic inserts for soft sided coolers (soft sided coolers not to exceed bag size of 16″x16″x8″)
- Costume & masks
- Folding chairs
- Food in a portion larger than a clear, one-gallon size bag
- Hoverboards and other personal recreational devices
- Inflatables (i.e. beach balls, basketballs, balloons)
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers (whistles, horns, bells, etc.)
- Poles or sticks of any kind (i.e. flagpoles, broom handles, nets)
- Skateboards, roller skates, roller shoes, bicycles, wagons for children
- Tripods, bipods or monopods
- Weapons – including but not limited to firearms, knives, mace
- Any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by ballpark security
Code of Conduct
- Costumes are not allowed at Minute Maid Park. Individuals in costumes may be refused entry and will receive refunds for their ticket price.
- Dress appropriately for baseball or the event you are attending. Remember that the stadium has the unique ability to start an event with the roof closed and finish it with the roof open.
- Respect other guests’ ability to enjoy the game. Loud or obnoxious fans could be asked to leave the ballpark if their behavior is deemed to be offensive to guests around them.
- Please do not bring balloons, beach balls, nets or laser pointers into Minute Maid Park. These items are not permitted at any time.
- Do not interfere with the progress of the game or go onto the playing field. Violators will be removed from the park and could be subject to arrest.
- Please sit in your assigned seat and be prepared to show your ticket to an usher or ballpark supervisor upon request for checking purposes.
Scalping or the resale of Astros Game Tickets is strictly prohibited on Minute Maid Park property. Offenders shall be brought to the attention of the proper authorities.
To avoid problems with counterfeit, stolen, void, or inflated tickets, purchase them only at the Minute Maid Park Box Office or purchase your tickets by clicking on the link that we have on our website.